Inkscape is a powerful professional vector graphics editing tool for Linux Windows and Mac OS X. Its prime format is Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG).
Inkscape: Key Points to Consider
- A great program for creating scalable graphics that won't blur if you resize them.
- It offers you flexible drawing tools.
- Pencil tool is for freehand drawing with simple paths.
- Pen tool is for creating straight lines and Bezier curves.
- Calligraphy tool is for freehand drawings with calligraphic strokes.
- You can generate rectangles, polygons, ellipses, arcs, stars, spirals, 3D boxes.
- You can even have rounded corners for these shapes. Also, fill these shapes with solid colours, patterns, linear or radial color gradients.
- This vector graphics software allows you to manipulate the object. Whether it’s moving, scaling, rotating or grouping objects, you can do it all.
- You even have an option for alignment and distribution commands.
- The Text Tool makes it possible to create multi-line text and carry out full on-canvas editing. You can use any installed fonts.
- Inkscape comes with a command to make and embed bitmaps of chosen objects.
- It offers a broad file format compatibility.
- It supports the export of PNG, BMP and JPEG. It also makes image tracing possible.
- Node editing: moving, aligning and distributing nodes is the best feature of all.
Inkscape is a versatile app used in wide range of fields like engineering/CAD, web graphics, branding, cartooning and also for individual uses. Draw Freely with this free and open source software and create stunning graphics!