Through this post, you will learn how to restore deleted files in your Windows 10. Can you imagine a scene where you mistakenly delete some of your important data. The very thought of it is just too scary!! But, you must prepare yourself for any such scenario, if it arises. What will you do to recover your crucial data? You need not worry when you can get a whole lot of best possible solutions to it.
We all might have been in a situation where we end up deleting critical files intentionally or unintentionally. In fact, data loss is a prevalent issue that most Windows users have experienced. But do you know, accidentally eliminated files can be easily recovered back to your machine as far as they are not overwritten?
If you’re wondering how to restore deleted data in your Windows 10, just grab these helpful tips and make your life easier than ever.
So, let’s get started!
Tips To Restore Deleted Files in Your Windows 10
1. Recover Files Through the Recycle Bin
Computers are designed in a way that whenever you delete something from your machine, it is will be directly moved to the Recycle Bin. You can find “Recycle bin” on your Desktop for an easy access. To recover a file, all you need to do is, go to the Recycle bin and access it. Now, choose the files that you would like to recover. You need to select the files and right-click on it. Therefore, select the option that says to restore or restore the previous version.
2. Restore Permanently Deleted Files with File History Backup.
File History Backup is an inherent feature that is offered by Windows 10. It is a handy way to get your eliminated files without using major efforts and time. In other words, it is the simplest way to restore deleted data in your Windows 10. By using this method, you will be able to restore a previous version of a deleted files.
You need to follow these simple steps to restore deleted files with File History Backup:
- Firstly, you need to access the original location where you kept your deleted data on Windows 10.
- Then, you need to note the path to this folder where your files got permanently eliminated.
- Enter File History in the Windows Search bar and then navigate File History.
- Now from the file history, you need to navigate the path to the folder from where you accidentally deleted the data. So, you can get it on the display all the files in the most recent backup of the same folder.
- Next, you need to hit the Previous button to identify and choose the files you’re interested in restoring.
As and when you hit the green restore button, you get the files back in the original location.
Sometimes, you might get a prompt that you already have a folder with the same name. Therefore, you can replace the files and save the new files on the same location.
3. Restore Permanently Deleted Files with Backup:
If you’re using windows backup, it is possible to get your deleted data back with much ease. In order to recover your permanently deleted data through backup, you need to get connected to the backup storage media.
Hence, you can follow these 4 steps to retrieve your data.
- Navigate Control panel
- Select System and Maintenance
- Choose Backup and Restore (Windows 7)
- Now, you need to hit ‘Restore my files’ and follow the wizard to get your hands on the deleted files.
Note: In case, restore my files is not available, hit ‘Select another backup to restore files from’.
To secure yourself from the pain of restoring your permanently deleted data, you can use backup tools to ensure all your critical files will be with you always. You can use right backup, cloud storage or any other best backup software of your choice to set up a backup.
Have you have marked these special tips to restore deleted files in your Windows 10? Which data recovery method do you prefer using? Are you satisfied with in-built data recovery methods? Or do you like to rely on free or premium backup software to keep your data intact? Feel free to drop in your comments below.