MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 10.2 is free partition management tool for Windows that can perform lots of different tasks on disk and partitions. This one surely finds a high ranking in the list of Best Partition Software or Best Partition Manager, as we normally say.
It is a popular partition tool that has been designed for optimising your disk usage plus protecting your important data. It is loaded with numerous features and options like resizing partition, copying disk, scanning lost partitions. It also helps in migrating OS to SSD easily and safely. You can easily Download it here.
Here, we won’t emphasise to review MiniTool partition wizard’s each and every feature. It’s indeed a great partition software! We are more interested in resolving certain practical issues.
Recently, I found many people have the same question about windows update 1803. If your PC turns off when you are still writing to the disk, your Windows upgrade fails, and you receive an error message: “INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE”
How to fix the above error? There are primarily two ways to fix this error:
1. Fix Bootrec /Fixboot Access Is Denied on GPT Drive
- From the initial Windows screen, accept the default settings for the language to install, the time and currency format as well as the keyboard or input method. Next, click the Repair your computer link instead of Install now.
- Select Troubleshoot and then Advanced Options.
- Select Command Prompt.
- Type diskpart and press Enter key.
- Type list disk and press Enter. Now pay attention to the disk number and identify which one is the boot disk. Usually, it is Disk 0; if not, find the disk number in your own case and remember to type the correct one in the following relevant steps.
- Type select disk 0 and press Enter.
- Type list volume and press Enter. Now pay attention to the volume number of the EFI partition.
- Type select volume N and press Enter. Also, type the one in your own case instead of N.
- Type assign letter=N: and press Enter. N: can be replaced by any drive letter that is not taken by any partition. Remember which drive letter you assign here for it is rather useful in the rest steps.
- Type exit and press Enter to leave diskpart.
- Now type N: (the drive lettered you just assigned) and hit Enter.
- Type format N: /FS:FAT32 and hit Enter.
- Type bcdboot C:\windows /s N: /f UEFI and hit Enter.
2. Try Startup Repair on MBR Disk
You can take the help of MiniTool Partition Wizard Bootable, which is a built-in tool in MiniTool Partition Wizard Pro. Get this professional partition manager first and then follow the guide below to create a MiniTool bootable media and use it to boot your PC effectively.
Minitool Partition Wizard: Steps to Boot your PC
Step 1: Select the 500MB around system reserved partition and choose Format Partition from the action panel. You will receive a warning message saying this is a system partition. Just click Yes.
Step 2: Select NTFS as the desired file system and hit OK. Then press Apply button on the toolbar.
Now, you have to get your Windows 10 repaired by automatic Startup Repair utility.
- Boot your PC from the Windows installation media.
- From the initial Windows screen, select the language to install, the time and currency format as well as the keyboard or input method. Next, click the Repair your computer link instead of Install now.
- Select Troubleshoot and then Advanced Options.
- Select Startup repair. Immediately it starts to detect and will try to fix the errors it has found. Usually, it brings a reboot. If it does, do not press any key to boot from the USB drive again. Just wait for your Windows to load.
Then, it’s time for you to start fixing bootrec fixboot access is denied.
MiniTool partition wizard: Features to Know
- You can copy MBR disk to GPT disk which includes system disk.
- Your system disk can be converted from MBR to GPT.
- Easily help in creating, formatting, copying, deleting, labelling, wiping exFAT partition.
- Its easy to check GPT disk partition properties. This includes Partition Type ID & Partition ID also.
- A smple way to change Partition Type ID on GPT disk.
- You get access to a brand new Boot Media Builder that is based on WINPE.
- The new version supports HD resolution (4K,5K).
- There’s a brand new User interface to support your needs.
- Minitool allows users to change the partition size as well as location on the destination disk. This is done by inputting values while hard disk is copied.
- This tool supports 2 OS migration modes. It can copy only the system required partition or copy the entire system disk, as you want.
- You are offered GB & TB unit in interfaces of Create, Move/Resize & Split Partition.
OS: Windows 8, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP, windows 2000 Vista, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 10
MiniTool partition wizard, a free partition management software is a user friendly and powerful tool to manage your hard disk. It is a useful and practical product that enables users to easily configure partition and allow flexible partitioning and management of your computer.
Have you tried MiniTool partition wizard free edition? How did you like the performance of this free partition manager? Do share your feedback and valuable experiences on the same.